Pages

16 October 2010

London: Part One

I'm Back!
Back to my hubby, children, horrendus jet lag and my little neglected blog.
My Dad is much better and up and running on his own.
I am so grateful I was able to spend that time with him.
My sister and nieces got a big look in too. 
I miss them all.

 Victoria & Albert Museum

The Cafe and Main Entrance



Alexander McQueen from Summer 2010 collection



  
Catherine Walker RIP
Lady Di's 'Elvis' Dress
and beautiful evening gown

My niece (Miss M) had an inset (pupil free) day last Friday.  She is also my godchild and we had an absolutely fabulous day out together.  First stop the V&A.  Miss M is choosing her subjects for GCSE's this year.   Being interested in Design and Textiles, The Fashion Gallery was the perfect exhibit.  This has always been a favourite for me.  More of the day in later posts.


Good to be back
Have a great weekend!
Carmel
x
 

11 comments:

the old boathouse said...

Hey Carmel, glad all is well, welcome back, cheers katherine

petals and vintage said...

Welcome back Carmel. Jet lag is the pits isn't it?

Pam x

Sarah said...

welcome back...oh, London how i miss you! can't wait for part 2 pictures!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

All of that architecture is beautiful! I love it!

Melissa said...

so glad your trip to our side of the globe was just LOVELY.....
i have my sister in law and nieces here from australia and tomor i am putting them on the train through the countryside to london....2 little gals wanting nothing more than the queens palace and dinosaurs in a museum!!

melissa xx

Libbie said...

Hey there! Wow! I have never even been to Europe but hope to someday! i should start my saving fund now! :) That architecture is so gorgeous!

thanks for swining by & for your sweet comment! I hope that dangling tooth in your house is out :)

Libbie said...

P.S. I just read your profile on the side there & I LOVED the part about in your head life is a musical!!! I think that is why I named my daughter Annie :) I totally feel the same way!

koralee said...

This place looks amazing!!!!

My daughter visited there too.

Glad you are back safe and sound and to hear that your dad is going better. xo

Daydream Living said...

Hi Carmel,
I'm really glad you joined my blog, because now I've found and love yours! I'm a happy follower now! Glad your dad is feeling better, and I will read more of your older posts tomorrow.
All the best,
Maureen

victoria said...

Oooh, getting to go to the V&A, that is magical!!

Life love, clutter and other beautiful things. said...

Hello! Thanks for finding me so I could find you!

Loving these gorgeous images xox