Pages

16 February 2012

My Creative Space



It's been a while since I joined in
I have not been idle.

A thrifted stool has been covered (not yet painted white)
and a blanket made for a new baby boy neighbour.
I struggled with the colours on this one,
but am so happy with the finished blanket.
I resisted the brown, but love the vintage flavour now it's
all mixed in, giving it a life span beyond babyhood.

The stool cover usually gets worn by one child or another at the kitchen
table and I have received requests for "actual hats".
If one of them paints the stool for me, I'll think about it.


The Fairy has been busy too.  Last weekend we brought a fruit box home
and she has been busy making a house for visiting fairies.


A wash station has been set up on top, to avoid splashes onto the bedding.
Soap has been provided (where did she get that?!)
In a separate tissue box annexe, waits a feast of quail eggs
and fruit shakes for any hungry visiting fairies .


The Fairy went back to school wearing lace ups.
Back to school means back to piano, ballet, basketball and saxophone and
more crochet whilst waiting.
The baby blanket was done in a week.
What to do next?

Happy Creating.

Carmel
x

9 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Loving your stool & blanket! and loving that fairy house, gorgeous..x

Yana said...

love the colours on the stool and the blanket, so beautiful!!! it will definitely be used beyond babyhood :)

Steph said...

Your stool and blanket are wonderful! Had a giggle at the thought of wee little rastafarians at the dinner table adorned with the cover. HOpe you have a gorgeous rest of your week :)

Leah said...

Oh wow - you've totally inspired me! I saw a $5 stool at the opshop yesterday with a really ratty top. Fingers crossed it's still there tomorrow - so I can make a lovely 'hat' for it!! Have a fab week hon.
Leah
xx

Cat said...

I think your baby blanket colours are a great choice and how quick were you whipping it up, I seem to take forever crocheting up blankets. (lol) I hope the first week back at school went well. x

Daydream Living said...

Hi Carmel,
thanks for stopping by, the stool cover is really hip and happening!
Love the fairy house, really cute,
take care, Maureen x

Daydream Living said...

by the way, I replied to you by email but later i noticed that it was to a non-reply by blogger mail....
So far, the weather is not up to scratch yet to really call it spring... Mxx

The Moerks said...

I love your stool cover and please tell your little one I am very impressed by her fairy house.

Tea at Weasel's said...

GORGEOUS crochet... I adore the colour combos!!I'd love to cover a little stool like that... I'd better get hunting for one ;)

Louise xx