Pages

03 September 2012

Not doing what I should ... and a day at the fair

I should be doing other things right now.  Bla, bla things.  Things I don't want to do.  Errands I don't want to run, tidying up rooms I don't want to tidy. Sorting a weekend and weeks worth of laundry I don't want to sort .  So I'm hanging out here for a bit, doing what I shouldn't be doing for a while.
The weekend was a whirlwind.  A mad whirlwind of piano exams, baseball games and a school fair.
The first of my close friends turned 50 and reminded me how close I am getting to that.  Half a century - that can't be ME can it?  My sailor boy went off to sea again, so Father's Day had an absentee in this house.  I was given a secret mission by the fairy on the night before he left.  So when I was sneaking out of bed in the middle of night it was because I had left the heater on, not to stash a top secret envelope in his ready for sea bag.  A happy man called from the dockside on Saturday night after finding his special messages.

I love the fair.
Our school puts on the best fair in the land.

It's the biz 
You know you've had a great day when you can't speak at the end of it (and not a drop of drink has passed your lips).  I ordered takeaway curry for dinner, which is strange as I was up at 6.30am making the biggest mofo pot of it for the curry stall.

I'm off to do the things I would pay someone to do if I had the money.

Carmel
x










The fairy spent an hour making her mobile at Pru from Flotsam Friends Upcycling stall.







2 comments:

iheartsunnydays said...

Looks like a wonderful fair! They certainly weren't like that when I was at school (many moons ago!) I saw some of Pru's photos on Instagram of her stall. Looks like it was a huge success :)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

So sweet to pop notes in his bag, i do that with my soldier too. It means the world to them!! Especially when they are away at war.
50 sounds pretty awesome to me, my 4th child will be celebrating his 21st so i think that will officially make me a very different kind of mother, of 4 very much grown up children. I love this inbetween time though.
Most of my friends are older, as our all my siblings, so i've always felt younger than my peers, it will be interesting, love Posie