Pages

27 August 2012

Damtastic

 The simple things in life are the best.

Friends.
Food.
Location.

After 20 years living down under, I still have to pinch myself when I can spend a Sunday like this.  And. We don't have to travel into the country to enjoy the bush.  Our local dam is just the best, the bush in the city.  We all love it.  The kids love building the fire and cooking breakfast, chased by marshmallows.  They love swimming and running and building cubbies from sticks and branches.  I love that they are happy to paddle  on boards, boats. canoes - whatever is available, endlessly.  I love that it's a taste of the Swallows and Amazons childhood that I had.  I love that they are free and wild.  I love that at the end of the day they are filthy from fun. I love that I get to sit and crochet for ages.  I love that I can chat with friends drinking endless cuppas boiled up in the billy can by willing adventurers.
Dam it!
Love that dam!







Carmel
x

1 comment:

Cat said...

I agree those simple times are just the best. I love the sounds of your Sunday, kids running and just being kids, crocheting and cups of tea, just perfect. x